">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Thursday, January 05, 2006

13 weeks to Port

A good week of training this week. Feels good to be running again without pain. I wouldn’t say I’m 100% but at least it is improving. My running economy has really improved recently. I’m now running 5min k’s at a 135hr which is still 10 beats under Aet. On the bike my strength is good in the hills but I’m lacking speed on the flats. At Aet (135bpm) I’m holding around 35-36kph. This is not going to be good enough for a low 5hr bike split. I need to start doing longer intervals on the flats where I can hold around 35-36kph and still be well under Aet. Time to start going plenty of TT work on the bars over the next 4-6weeks.

Monday
Was meant to be a light day today but ended up putting in a solid swim to help Scott out with his taper
Run: 7.3km 35:59, av hr 138bpm. Easy run this morning. Feeling some deep fatigue from the two big bikes sessions last Friday and Saturday.
Bike: 12km 30min. Decided to do an easy spin to Corrimal pool and back
Swim: 2.1km 50min. 1km LSD timed. 15:47. My long slow distance pace is sitting on around 47sec per 50 at the moment. With increased volume I should be able to get that back to 45sec 50’s. 8-50 on the 1min build to hard. Main set 6-100 on 2min hard. Iwas coming in around 1:17-1:19 here. Scott held around 1:27’s consistently. It good to see him breaking 1:30’s now. 100 w/d
Tuesday
Bike: 143km 5hrs. Rode easy to Aet today. Flat ride except through Jamberoo, av sp 29.7kph, av hr 118bpm. I inserted two 20min TT at IMpace (135bpm) at the 3 hr mark and then again at the 4hr mark. Legs are still carrying some fatigue but felt quite good in the TT position.
Swim: 1.2km 30min. Hit a big low just before the start of the swim. It got worse the more I swam. Had no energy whatsoever. Need to digest more calories during the day, especially post workout, to stop this from happening again. Was meant to swim 1hr, but I bailed out after 30min and went home. Poor eating today was the cause of this.
Tomorrow will be a light day.
Wednesday
Run: 7.7km 40min (av hr 135bpm). felt 100% this morning. Ran easy to Aet -5bpm. threw in 6 sets of 30sec strides. leg felt really good. A perfect morning for a run, no-one was out as it was raining lightly. Need to watch my weight. Ive dropped 3kg in a week. I'm now down to 78.4kg.
Swim: 1.2km 21min Ocean swim. Magic conditions this afternoon. Swam easy out and then we hammered the swim back home. Took me a while to catch Scott. He has really improved and freshened up well for Tassie. good way to cap off an easy day of training.
Thursday
Run: 13km 70min (av hr 134bpm). LSD run. Even split run. Felt very comfortable sitting on 5min K's at a 135bpm hr (ie Aet -10bpm). Leg was getting tight at about the 12km mark. Happy to be running over an 1hr again.. My endurance is coming along well. I can comfortably hold a reasonable pace now at a low hr. This time last year I was running 5min k’s with a 140bpm hr.
PM: 20min of stretching lower body.
Friday
Run: 5.7km 33min (av hr 128bpm). low hr recovery run. trying to run with the lowest hr I can. Pace is around 5:40's. Can just get hr to come under 130bpm.
Bike: 51.8km 1:47 (av hr 128bpm). rode easy out for the first hr into a headwind then I TT back keep hr around the 127-135 mark. Made it back in 47min. The NE winds really helped to push me home. A good aerobic maintenance day
Saturday
Bike: 100km 3:11 (av hr 124bpm). rode easy out for the first hr into a headwind then I TT back keep hr around the 127-135 mark. Made it back in 47min. The NE winds really helped to push me home. A good aerobic maintenance day
Sunday
Total rest day today. My peroneals are quite sore. No point in making them worse.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home