">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

14 weeks to Port

14 weeks to Port
“Greatness is there, if we’d simply wake-up and commit ourselves to working our butts off.” (Scott Molina)

Monday
Boxing day. Decided to take the day off.
Tuesday
Run: 12km Time: 56:16sec. Went out hard today. Leg felt good. Hr was high (av 156bpm). I can’t believe my leg gets sore when I run slow but when I run hard it feels good. Will try running MSS on Thursday (ie 150-155bpm) and see how things go.
Swim: 3km. 1km straight free LSD. Main set 400 free, 8-50 on 50, 4-100 on 1:40 and 2-200 hard. Came in around 2:45-2:50 mark. 100 w/d. Swimming is improving but not enough due to lack of volume. Need to start getting my swimming back up to around 4 sessions PW to see some big improvements.
Wednesday
Bike: 2:07 dist: 61.7km. Climbing 525m, av sp 29.5, av hr 125bpm. Rode with Scotty H this morning. Main set was 3-10min efforts hard (155-160bpm). Rode the northen loop up to Stanwell Park, didn’t do Bald Hill this morning. My riding feels good at the moment up to the 3-4 hr mark. Need to spend time riding in the 5-6 hr range between now and Port.
Thursday
Swim: 3km, 1hr. main set was 5-400 (400free, 8-50free, 4-100free, 2-200free, 400free). The 2-200 were hard I came in on 2:45 and 2:46. pleased with the speed I have at the moment. need to work much more on improving weekly volume.
Run: 10.5km 52min av hr 144bpm. Ran slower then Monday. Leg felt good, even did a couple of hills for the first time in a while.
Friday
Bike: 117.6km 4:20 av hr 130bpm. Rode to Bundeena turnoff. Scott H and I felt quite trashed at the end of this ride. Tough hills and plenty of them. Lot more of these rides to come.
Saturday
Bike: 90km 3:29 av hr 125bpm. Was meant to be a recovery ride today with the tri squad. We ended up riding to the Garrie beach turnoff. Took it easy on the hills. Legs felt heavy for the first 2hrs, then I came good. Felt unreal TTing home from Sandon Point to Puckeys estate. Good strength on the bike and I feel like I'm backing up well with 210km of riding done in 2 days.
Sunday
Run: 11km 1hr av hr 144bpm. Very risky run today, but my leg held up fine. I was incredibly hot and my hr keep rising throughout the whole run while I maintained a pace of 5:30 k's.

Week in review.

This has been my first week of training since July that I have been injury free. I'm stoked and hopefully I can knock out a few more weeks like this without falling apart.
The aim next week is to increase the volume up to around 18-20hrs. I'll keep everything easy to steady. Scott H will be tapering for Tassie so most of my training will been on my own. That's not so bad as Scott is such an animal on the bike at the moment. It's always a tough session training with Scott.

Happy New year everyone

Cheers
fluro


fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home