">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Swimming technique


I tought I would share this photo with you. I pulled this one from slowtwitch.com. I think it shows a very clear picture of how we should be postioning ourselves in relation to out ctach. Notice the high elbow. be careful though, to be able to achieve this position in the water requires excellent flexibility.
The position shown in the photo is the one thing I try to concentrate every time I swim. A high elbow will increase your catch and therefore give you greater time to propel you through the water with less effort. Once you start dropping your elbow you basically have to work harder in order to achieve the same result. If you are swimming with a high elbow as shown in the photo and are new to this experience just remember to ease off on the force you are applying through the water because in the right position you'll be naturally catching much more water. In laymens terms water becomes like mud with a good catch.

fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home