">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Monday, November 28, 2005

17 weeks to go

Plan
Swim: 3-4 sessions (2 squad, 2 open water)
Bike: 3 sessions (1 x ME ride 2hrs, 1 x hill ride 1.5hrs, 1 x long ride 4hrs
Run: 4-5sessions (4-5 x 30-45min runs all at Aet, include 1 run off the bike)

On the swim its time to start hitting the main sets hard. With Canberra on in 2 weeks IÂI'lll want to be able to get in a good solid swim start. I’ll do 2 open water swim to practice swimming in a wetsuit and sitting on some feet.
On the bike I’ll do three sessions this week. Session 1 will be repeats up Mt keira. Session 2 will be some ME work. This will include 5-3min efforts at 1-2 gears harder then race gear and 2-10min TT at HIM pace. Session 3 will be the Long ride. I’ll aim for 4hrs on this ride. Once again anytime I spend at the front of the pack I’ll aim to keep the intensity around IM to HIMpace, then in the last 30-45min of this ride I’ll TT as hard and as long as I can.
I’m hoping to run around 4-5 sessions this week. Last Sundays run was very disappointing once I reached the 45min mark. The pain in my leg came on very quickly and forced me back to a walk. So instead of trying to push the distance I’ll just run more 30-45min runs hoping that will at least give me some run strength.

Actual
A pretty good week of training. I swam 3 times. I did 1 squad session and 2 open water swims. My right shoulder is a bit sore so I will need to rest it up next week. I only got to ride twice this week due to bad weather conditions earlier on during the week. My first ride was 1.5 hrs of hills riding through the northern loop. Kept my effort around mod-hard on each hill I came too. Saturday’s long ride was all over the place. The winds were coming close to knocking a few of use off our bikes. We extended the ride around Jamberoo to include the new Kiama by-pass. A couple of extra climbs made the ride a little more harder and we were back in just under 4hrs.
I did three runs this week. The highlight for me was doing my first run over an1hr in about 4months. Unfortunately as soon as I reached the 1hr mark my leg started to hurt again. It seems to come on so quickly and three minutes later I was walking home. I still have no idea as to how I’m going to be able to run 21km’s off the bike next weekend, when I’m only just running 12km fresh. I just hope I can get through the race and well enough to qualify for Port and without doing too much damage to myself. I have resided to the fact that if my leg hurts too much I will just have to force myself to walk.

fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home