">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Friday, November 25, 2005

My first Brick session

I did my first brick session in 5 months. It was a test session to see how my calf would hold up. It held up well and as a result I registered for the Canberra 1/2 last night. It was touch and go there for a while, but at least I have bee able to start training again.
I did a 80/5 last night and was pleased with how I went. In the lead up to IMOZ this year (in Feb) I TT'd around the Jamberoo loop and I managed to av 33kph with and av hr of 145bpm. Last night I averaged 32.5kph with an av hr of 143bpm. It's a tough course with around 650m of climbing and plenty of traffic lights to deal with. So overall I'm pleased to be averaging close to 33kph again on this course. On the run a ran 23:51 for my 5km with an av hr of 154bpm. My hr was higher then what I was hoping for but I guess it had to be expected after having such a long layoff.
I now have 3 weeks to prepare for canberra and I hope I can get enough strength together in order to qualify for IM Port. Based on last years result I'll need to do at least a sub 5:15 in order to give myself a chance. My goal is to swim 30min ride a 2:40-2:50 and then run a 1:45-1:50.
Over the next 2 weeks I'll do another 3-4 brick sessions to get used to running off the bike again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home