">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Monday, November 14, 2005

19 weeks to IM Port


Photo
This is a photo of the unit Katrina and I bought at North Beach.






Plan
The plan for this week is to
• Swim 3 session (3hrs)
• Bike 3 sessions (7.5hrs)
• Run 3 session (2hrs)


I’ll swim 2 squad sessions and do 1 open water swim. The goal here is to hit both squad sessions hard.
On the bike I’ll aim for two 2 hr rides during the week and a 4hr long ride on the weekend
• Session 1: 40-50km (1.5-2hrs). 4-8min efforts at Zone 4/5a. recovery will be 5min
• Session 2: 60-70km (2hrs). 10min w/u. 3-20min efforts at Impace (ie zone 2). 10min recovery at zone 1.
• Session 3: 120km (4hrs). ride 1hr before the group. 8-5min BG (ie 53/12) 5min recovery). Meet group, ride hills mod-hard (zone 4). Last hour TT hard, taking 10-15min turns off the front.

Run 3 sessions. Keep running at around 30min for now. Legs are still trying to get used to POSE method. Once recovery is good, increase 1 run up to 40min next week and include another 30min run.
Each week I’ll aim to include as much of my training as possible in advance.
I’m in the process of gathering information from Gordo’s and Rich Strauss forums which I’ll hopefully edit and include here over the next few months.

Actual
swim: 4 sessions (3.5hrs)
Bike: 3 sessions (6:10)
Run: 3 sessions (1:42)

total: 11hrs

It feels good to be training again. My week has been good in terms of recovery. I swam 2 squad sessions and did 2 open water swims. On the bike I rode a 2hr ride of 20/10's which I recovered very well from. I did 1 very easy 1hr spin and then my long ride on Saturday. I thought I would of struggled much more riding for 3hrs, but I felt quite strong. Rode through Jamberoo with the lead pack and then for the last 30min I decided to ride 10m off the back off the pack with Scott W while they took turns off the front. We held a good pace sitting on around 42-43kph. I ran three times this week. I did two 30min runs and one 40min run. After each run my soleus muscles were feelig quite sore and stiff. I was told this would happen until I develop strength and durability in my calves.

Cheers
fluro

2 Comments:

Blogger :) said...

Good luck getting all your workouts in!

12:35 am  
Blogger Paul Fleuren said...

Thanks flatman,
Hopefully I can fit it all in. I'm pretty lucky being a teacher with 6 weeks holidays only just around the corner ;-)

fluro

8:51 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home