">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Monday, January 23, 2006

11 weeks to Port

Recovery week last week and I’m rearing to go again. This week my targets are to run 5, bike 3-4 and swim 2-3. I’m on Holidays down at Berrara, I don’t have access to a pool. All my swimming will be in the river this week. This will give me a good opportunity to bike and run more.
The focus on my bike now is to start doing TT’s on all my rides. Will start to include some mod-hard to hard efforts towards the end of my rides depending on how I’m feeling. On all climbs I’ll now ride them as though I’m racing and will cap my hr around the 150bpm. Previously I have been riding the hills hard (ie high 160’s) but now is the time to shift the focus on improving my TT strength on the flats and rollers leading up to Port.


Monday
Run: 15.4 km 1:20 (av hr 132). Berrara National park. My longest run so far. Leg Felt good. Starting to feel like I’m getting my running fitness back. Focusing on RPE mainly at the moment and my av hr is now down around 132. I’m comfortably holding 5min K’s again on the flat ground. Did a 3km TT at the 1hr mark 4:49 (134bpm), 4:44 (145bpm), 4:41 (146bpm). Total time 3km =14:14. My goal now is to get my Aet pace (145bpm) back down to around the 4:30 mark before Port. If I can do this I might have a chance of running a 3:30.

Tuesday
Swim: 3.5km 51min (115bpm). swam out easy for 26min and then pushed the pace coming home. Felt good in the wettie. Love doing open water swimming, no flip turns
Wednesday
Run: 11.3km 54min (139bpm). best run to date. Pushed the pace along today. Was comfortably holding around 4:30-4:40 below Aet (140). Concentrated on holding form for the entire run. Pulled up well afterwards. No legs issues.
Thursday
Bike: 55.1km 2hrs (126bpm). very easy ride to Stanwell park. Then TT (Steady)from the start of the bridge back to North Wollongong. 35min (33.3kph, av hr 141bpm). Felt good on the bars. Rolling terrain, Easterly winds
Run: 6.3km 29:34 (142bpm). Felt like I was gliding along today. Nice easy run. Leg was good. 4 weeks of consistent running now is starting to show through. Did the 5km loop in 23:47 (av hr 144bpm)
Friday
Bike: 110.1km 3:30 (138bpm). Very solid ride today. There's no relaxing when riding with Scott (animal). We had planned to do 6hrs with 3 x 40min TT but he broke a cable at about the 3 hr mark. Will finish off TT efforts 2mrw. Bonked a bit at the 3hr mark, even after having 4 bottles of drink. Disappointed. Ate plenty of snakes and came good again. need to address nutrition better, especially on tough rides like this
Run: 5.6km 27:03 (147bpm). Ran off the bike for the first time. Felt better then expected. Managed to hold 4:50's for the 5km loop (24:10). Leg held up very well, no issues.
Saturday
Bike: 116.3km 4:09 (128bpm). 30+ people turned up this morning. Rode 1hr before meeting the group with Scotty H. Did a 15min TT. av sp 37.6kph, av hr 148. Moving along well. Met the group at 6am and headed North up to Gerrie. Capped hr at 160bpm on all the hills today. need to probably start bringing that down even further. On the way home we hit a 2nd TT of 15min. I started way back from the others and had to work my ass off the catch everyone. Dudes were riding strong this morning. av sp was 36.7, av hr 150bpm. Fuelled up much better then yesterday. need to get better calories in more consistently on my long rides now. Bonking like I did yesterday is a waste of time.
Sunday
Club Race
Bike: 58km 2hrs (115bpm). Rode for 2 hrs before the club tri this morning. Did some fartlek efforts up to IMpace. Feeling a bit tired this morning. Its been a big couple of days of riding.
Swim: 400m 10min (long run to T1)
Bike: 16km 25min (av sp 35.4, av hr 166)
Run: 14:52 (4:08min k’s, av hr 171)
5th overall. Happy to be racing again without pain. Had a terrible swim, good bike and I was very happy to run without injury pain. Boy the race did raise the heart rate and put some lactic acid into the legs. I was suffering big time, but it was still a lot of fun. Looking forward to the next race.

fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home