">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Sunday, July 03, 2005

week ending 03/07/2005

Base 2 (week 1/4)
I was feeling really fresh after my recovery week. Training went well except for the 2 days I lost on Wednesday and Thursday due to the torrential rains. I’m managing to keep most of my training now in zone 1. The breakdown of my week was a follows
Recovery: 5:15
Zone 1: 4:18
Zone 2: 2:17
Zone 3: 0:31
Zone 4: 0:39
Zone 5: 0:04
Total:13:06
I’ve decided to try using Haads running protocol to really focus on improving my running endurance and especially running economy. At the moment I feel as though I’m lacking efficiency with my running. To address this major limiter I will start increasing my run volume and run frequency. Its time to start teaching my body to minimize the production of lactic acid. To do so I need to lean how to run well with a very low heart rate.
My bike sessions were good this week. I’ve been riding quite a few hills lately and the strength work is starting to show through. Last Saturday’s LSD ride confirmed this as a found Mt Keira is getting easier to climb. I’m now using my 39/19 instead of my 39/21. After 3hrs in the saddle we stopped for coffee. I then thought it would be good to climb Mt Kembla and make my way across to Mt Keira. It was a tough climb. 8.3% for the first 3km and then another 6km of 4.5% left me feeling nooked by the end. Total ride 4:40.
Next week I’ll be looking at training around 18-20hrs. I’ll keep focusing on riding as many of the toughest climbs I can in the Illawarra. On the run the focus will be on running in zone 1, to increase my second long run to 2hrs and keep my double run day at 2.5-3hrs.
Anyway got to get back to the TDF. I can’t believe Lance already has over a 1minute lead on his major rivals. How can anyone beat him now??

Next training article: Why we need to train at a low hr to get faster

Happy training
Fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home