">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Monday, May 30, 2005

Week ending 29/5/05

My preparation period in now over and I'm about to enter the base phase. This week was capped off with a 10km TT done at a hard pace. It wasn't flat out but I did feel the pinch. My time was 41.30 and I had an average hr of 165bpm, which is 9bpm under my LT(174bpm). I was actually surprised to run a 41.30 on such little training and no specific speed work. My previous fastest km splits in training were around 4.15's. So I'm very pleased to be running 4.09's over 10k's at this stage.
My double run day has been my key session during the preparation period. I've now built it up to a 12km easy run (140bpm av hr) in the morning with a 12km upper steady (149bpm av hr) run in the afternoon. I've recovered very from this run, even more then when I used to run a straight LSD run. I will definitely keep this run in my weekly program and I'll build it up around an 18-20km run in the morning followed by a 12k-14km run in the afternoon.
I've joined up Kembla joggers running club and have decided to use their fortnightly fun run as my speed work session. I've completed two runs so far, an 8km and 10km TT. At the moment I'm running around 4.09 pace at a hard effort. My goal is too start running sub 4min k's comfortably over the next 10-12weeks. I've also joined up with the Illawarra cycle club and will start doing some cycle races to introduce some intensity work in amongst the endless amounts of volume I'll be doing over winter. I've decided to add small amounts of intensity work over winter with my running and cycling to see what happens. Keeping in mind that endurance and strength building are still my main priorities. I thought it would be good to change things up over winter and get involved with training with people that a stronger then me. Last year I trained entirely on my own and it worked well. However, to take it to the next level I think I'll need to start mixing it more with some strong athletes.

fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home