">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Sunday, June 26, 2005

week endng 26/6/05

Base 1 (week 4/4). This was my first recovery week since starting up training again. I kept all sessions in zone 1 except for a 10km TT run on Thursday.
I did the 10k in 43.21, which is a PB by 2min. My av hr was 155bpm. This is my _ ironman hr zone. The course I run is 1km downhill, then the next 6 km are quite flat. The last 2km is straight up hill to home. It takes some real effort just to break 5min k's for the last 2km. My average hr for the last 2 km was around 170bpm. Not an easy run overall. On the flats I'm running around 4:15-4:25 pace comfortably holding a 150bpm. My goal over winter is to get my 10km TT down to around the 40min mark and maintain a 155bpm av hr.
I had my first massage on Saturday. I didn't realise how much of a bad state my muscles are in. The massage therapist said I was one of the worst cases she has seen. I need to urgently start hydrating and stretching much more. The lady who was massaging me said she couldn't even believe that I could walk down stairs without experiencing any discomfort. I know now I really need to start taking care of my body more in order to get the most out of my training.
The goal in base 2 is to keep increasing my volume. I want to increase my running up to around 8hrs pw, and increase my cycling up to 10-15hrs pw. I intend on focussing on strength work on the bike for now, by riding as many hills as possible. I designed a bike session that will take me over the three hardest climbs in the Illawarra. They are Saddleback Mtn, Jamberoo pass and Mt Kembla all in one ride. I think the ride is around 140-150km and will take approximately 6.5-7hrs to complete. I will post each climb on www.cycle2max.com I'm looking forward to the challenge. On the run the aim is to increase my volume to improve my durability and remain injury free. I probably won't start swimming until base 3 or build 1. The focus is still to improve my greatest weaknesses for now.
Hope your all enjoying your training and coping well with the rain that is out there at the moment.

fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home