">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Sunday, June 12, 2005

week ending 12/06/05

It was a mixed bag of training this week. I hit my target of 15hrs which was good. I did 10hrs or riding and 5hrs of running. The breakdown of my weekly training was
• Zone 1: 2:45
• Zone 2: 5:37
• Zone 3: 2:56
• Zone 4: 1:50
• Zone 5a: 1:11
• Zone 5b: 0:29
• Zone 5c: 0:23

Based on these results I can see now why I have been susceptible to overuse injuries in the past. I am definitely spending too much time training in zone 5 and up. I need to spend much more time in zone 1 & 2 developing my endurance. Especially zone 3. This is what I consider the grey zone. I really need to look at cutting back the time I spend in zone 3 and spend more of that time in zone 2.
My double run (BT session 1) day has been disappointing in the morning, but by the afternoon I’m pulling out a really good run. This week I ran 18k in the morning. I sat on 4:54min k pace and my average hr for the run was 143bpm. This is higher then what I would like for the pace I was running. In the afternoon I ran 12k. I held 4:44min k with an average hr of 147bpm. My hr here was good as this run is quite hilly for the last 30min and my pace was in line with my RPE. The only drawback was that my ITB was playing up on me. I will need to really focus on my flexibility now. I don’t know why I’m feeling off with my morning run yet. I should be running well under 140bpm at that pace.
The LSD bike (BT session 2) went really on Saturday with the tri club group. We rode up MT Keira and I decided to TT it to see how close I could get to the record found on the cycle2max website. I made it to the top in a time of 19:43 (av hr 165bpm). The record being 19:05. I think I’ll be able to knock some time off that record in a few weeks time once I get my climbing legs back. I was chuffed with myself to get within 40seconds of the record. It feels good to have these little goals to go after along the way.
I was meant to do a 16km TT run on Saturday, however, I decided to can this and replace the TT with an easy 11km recovery run instead. This worked out for the better as it allowed me to recover enough to be able to ride and run again on Sunday. In doing so I had little trouble reaching my target of 15hrs.
Next week I’ll aim for around 17-20hrs of training. This will include riding 11-14hrs and running 6hrs. My two BT sessions will be the double run day again (20/12) and my LSD bike 4-5hrs. Because this will be my biggest week of training I’ll will aim to keep the intensity down on the rest of my sessions.
What I have learnt this week.
Use the strengths of others to help you achieve your targets for the week. Don’t be afraid to share your ideas with as many people as you possibly can. There are so many people out there with great advice that you can use to help refine your own training.
fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home