">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Sunday, May 22, 2005

week ending 22/5/05

Week 3/4 preparation period.
I did 5 runs, 4 bikes and 1 pilates session this week. My foot I think now is almost completely injury free. It feels fantastic to be running with no pain at all again. My double run day was again my BT session for the week. I ran an easy hour in the morning then a solid 10k run. As a solid run I aimed for a 150bpm (ie Aet +10) average heart rate. My time was 46:10. This is a very hilly course and I'm pleased with the result. The rest of the runs for the week were all easy to Aet. I rode 3 times during the week, all 1 hour rides and I did a 3 hour ride on Saturday. The focus on my long ride this week was to keep the hr down and stay in the saddle on all the climbs. Overall I managed to do 11.5 hrs of training.
Next week is the final week of my preparation period. I'll aim for 6 runs, 4-5 rides and 1-2 pilates sessions. I'll look at reaching around 15 hours of training this week. My two BT sessions will be the 10km fun run on Saturdday and my LSD bike (4hrs). I'll also start some hill work and BG work on the bike this week. Everything else will be kept at easy to steady in pace.
Tip of the week.
Use your RPE to monitor your progress and expect your HR to drop in the weeks to follow.


Fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home