">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Mt Keira climb



Mt Keira TT climb
This is a climb that is literally in my own backyard. It’s on the cylce2max website. The statistics are as follows
• Distance: 5.94km
• Gradient: 6.2%
• Record: 19min 5 sec
About 6 weeks ago I time trialed the climb in 19:43. It was only my third week back in training since Forster. I’m looking forward to having a go at the record. Sine my last attempt I’ve been working a lot on my strength on the bike. Each week I have been riding climbs such as Jamberoo Pass, Mt Kembla, Macquarie Pass and the mother of all climbs Saddleback Mountain.
It has been my goal over winter to try and break the MT Keira record and then to really knock some time off the climb. By the end of the year I want to be able to break 18min on this climb.
The hardest part of Mt Keira is the initial climb up to the Demonstration school which is the last building on the left. This is little over a 1km long and I sit on around 12-14kph. One you’re past the school things will level out for the next 2 km up to and past the archery range. You then reach a flat section for about 200-300m before the road starts winding up and slowly increases in gradient. During this section I try to aim for around 16-20kph.
If I beat this record next week I’ll then start looking at other climbs in the Illawarra and see how I go.
Lookout for my results late next week

fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home