">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

CHALLENGE WEEK: 22HR+


Photo 1
This is a sight we woke up to at 5:30am in the morning. Riding around the lakes and all you could see was MT Fuji putting on an awesome display.



Photo 2
After our morning training we got to taste some really good Japanese style cuisine for breakfast

Photo 3
I tried my hand at a little amateur photography and this was the result. pretty cool don't you think?

I have one goal this week and that is to exceed 22hr of training. This is my current PB and I'm determined to smash this record.

Since I'm on school holidays this week I'm going to ride to Mt Fuji on Wednesday, Do some hill sessions and trail runs and return on Friday with a big bank of hours under my belt.

Monday
Bike: (4.5hrs), 125km, av hr 112bpm.
rode easy on the way out and TT all the way home. Sat between lower steady (130bpm) and MSS (145bpm). Felt strong on the bike. Feet are still getting hot towards the end of these long rides. I have to keep soft pedaling consistently.
Run: (29:49), 5.5km, av hr 132bpm.
First run in the Newtons. 10/10. These things rock. They are just so light and they really do help you run up hills. These things would be very helpful at Port. believe it not but you can feel a big difference running in these shoes.
I'm not sure how my feet will go in them as they really do get you running onto your forefeet. Time will tell.
Overall a good run on tired legs. Held form together well.

Tuesday
Run: (47min), 9km, av hr 124bpm.
feet were only 4/10 today. getting hot again. The hard ride yesterday is causing me some grief today.

Wednesday
Bike: (7.5hrs), 135km, av hr 104bpm
Rode from Tokyo to Mt Fuji with Noel and mandy. Pushed Mandy up all the hills, good strength work for me. Legs felt good the whole day. It's one very long climb up to the base of Fuji (approx 60k all up and 2-3% grade).

Thursday
trail walk/run: (3hrs), av hr 130bpm
This was a 3hr continuous walk/run uphill. I went ahead of the others and did a mix of running and walking. HR range from low 120's to high 150's. legs felt really good all day.
Run: (50min)9.5km, av hr 131bpm.
I was really tired starting this run in the rain, but once I got going I was surprised at how good I felt. Had lots of energy and the scenery was spectacular. Feet were good.

Friday
Ride: (2hrs), 50km, av hr 110bpm.
Snapped my left cleat even before I started this ride. Went out anyway. Just had to make sure I didn't pull up and tried to avoid the hills. We were thinking about riding up to Mt Fuji station 5 but that wasn't an option. Settled for a flat route around 2 beautiful lakes


Saturday
Bike: (2.5hrs), 68km, av hr 119bpm.
Rode easy for the 1st hour then did 15min @IMeffort and 15min @HIMeffort. Feeling strong on the bike after a very big week. Left knee was good today.
Run: (21min), 4km, av hr 136bpm.
easy run around a hilly loop. Threw in some fartlek efforts and some strides. feet were good again. Feel like I'm getting some good improvements with my running again.
Swim: (1hr), 2.5km
I mix of drills and 500's with buoy. The focus was on strength work this time. A good session again.

Sunday
Bike: (4hrs), 110km, av hr 120bpm
easy to Aet ride. Rode out to the warf did 3 laps. 2 laps easy then 1 lap at IMeffort (15min). Finished off with another 15min IMeffort TT back towards home. Legs are good, can feel the fatigue and wold have no hope whatsoever in picking up the pace.
Run: (52:58min), 10km, av hr 136bpm.
9min on 1min off as per normal.
1. easy to Aet
2, steady
3. Fartlek building to hard
4. steady.
What a way to finish off my biggest ever week of training. feet felt good. Body feels good lots of energy. legs feel like they have recovered well between sessions.


Swim 1:00
Bike 20:33
Run 3:20
Other 4:00

Total 28:53
Summary
I'm stoked. Beat me previous ever biggest week by over 6hrs. It even felt like I managed this week better then my previous big week of 23hrs. Made sure I ate well, slept enough, stretched alot and kept all intensity out. Can't wait to do this again over christmas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home