">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Aet Test No 2


Am I happy to be alive? Yes I certainly am.














What a beautiful morning, all 3 degress of it


















I wish every run I did was a PB.


















Katrina wanted to take these photos to show what SHE has to put up with everytime I come home from a good training session. I love off loading times, av sp, repeats, intervals etc to her even though she has no idea what I'm talking about. She swears that I'm living in my own little world at times. I do love the fact that she always takes the time to listen to my mindless jargon.

Well I did it and as you can see by the photos I'm pretty happy about the fact that I did a PB by 2min. My time for the 10k run on the track at Aet (top of zone 1) was 49:11 sec. Thats gives me a pace of 4:55 at Aet now.

Aet hr 145bpm.

800m splits
3.48 (139)
3:46 (140)
3:53 (146)
3:56 (146)
3:57 (140)
3:58 (143)
3:57 (145)
3:58 (145)
3:58 (146)
3:58 (147)
3:58 (147)
3:59 (147)
2:00 (146)
Time: 49:11, Aet pace is now 4:55min/K
8 mths ago my Aet pace was 5:40min/k, 6 weeks ago my Aet pace was 5:10min/k.
The focus on high frequency, low heart rate training and being very consistent is really starting to show through.

How will I know when to change my training protocol??? Well when I do a test and don't see an improvement then I'll know that I'm ready to insert greater periods of time running at Aet and MSS. At this stage all my improvements are coming from consistently running well under Aet ie around 125-135bpm. Knowing that I have Aet running and MSS running to fall back on is agreat way to break through plateaus.

A big thanks to KP, Gordo and Mitch for all their sound advice and regularly replying to my questions.

I hope this information helps and supports the ideas that I believe in when it comes IM training.

flying fluro ;-)

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Awesome work Fluro- those are some excellent gains!
I'm a firm believer in the aerobic method although I've started sprinkling in the faster stuff due to the marathon in early February.

How's this for something really freaky- Saturday I did a faster time trial on the track and was averaging 1:40 400's or ~ 6:40/mile pace for about 8.5 miles. I couldn't believe it- granted my HR was high (178) but besides the couple spurts of faster work in the V02 tests, it has been all aerobic for the last 2months and I was still able to rip that one out!
I'm hoping it wasn't a fluke! ;-)

4:32 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home