">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Sunday, December 03, 2006

week ending 3/12/06

A tough week this week. Tokyo is starting to get very cold and a had to write up my school reports, which took around 15-20hrs. I managed to put together a little over 15hrs this week and I kept up with my two key sessions. The long bike and long run.
Next week I’ll be putting in more of a bike focus as Katrina and I leave for Vietnam on Sunday and we’ll be travelling for 4weeks. Therefore, I won’t be able to ride and my aim will be to just run as often as I can. I’m going to aim for around 6hrs PW and see what happens. My goal is to be able to run 1 week close to 9-10hrs. The intensity will be right down on all sessions and the volume will be right up.

Monday
Rest day

Tuesday
Bike: (2hrs), W/T, av hr 127bpm. (76%@FT). Did 1 hr easy then 30min of ST/BG/normal x 90sec each, continuous cycle. Followed this up with 10min TT at IMpace. Rode out to 2hrs. This is my longest W/T session ever. I used 1657 Kcal, which is the equivalent to around 2:45 on the rode.
Run: (27:58), 5.8km, av hr 141bpm. (81%@FT). Felt great running today. This is my first run back under 5min/ks, but this time my hr is now right on Aet and around 5-8bpm lower then this time last year. All the endurance work is paying off. Ran before the W/T session today as there was a small break in the weather so I took advantage of it.

Wednesday
Run: (1:12), 14km, av hr 136bpm. (78%@FT). Ran out to and aorund the Imperial palace. Broke the run into 1/3's. 1st easy, 2nd at IMeffort, 3rd Aet with the aim of an even split with the 1st. results= 23:56(128bpm), 25:07(143bpm), 23:02(37bpm). Good run. definitely was running on IM legs in that last 1/3rd. Glad I did this as a PM run

Thursday
Bike: (1:50) av hr 116bpm. This was a quality ride today. The power was up and the hr was down. I really felt like I was moving along well with a very low RPE. Resisted the urge to TT. I'll save that one for Sat. Starting to think 2 wks of w/t work is showing through in terms of pedalling efficiency.

Friday
Run: (1hr), 11.2km, av hr 133bpm. Did a very easy aerobic maintenance run today. Little fatigue lingering around after tuesdays and wednesdays session.


Saturday
Bike: (1:56), av hr 107bpm, av sp 25kph. Aerobic maintenance session this morning. It was freezing. Need to purchase more winter protection (ie jacket, better gloves, booties, hoods)
Run: (1:40), 19km, av hr 131bpm. ran well tonight. needed the thermal top. pace was even and the break at the lights helped settle down my left leg which enabled me to run as far as I did. Longest run to date and I stay with this distance until I'm completely comfortable with this run.

Sunday
Bike: (5hrs), No hr. av power 222. Freezing again this morning. So much so my hr monitor had a dummy spit. Found a new route today. it takes about 45min to get out of the city (av sp 22kph with all the lights), then I'm able to get a pretty good run, lights only every 5k or so, until I return. Did 2 x20min TT on RPE. felt strong here and was comfortable holding 35-38kph. In the last hour I did BG work on all the bridges. By the end of this my legs were feeling pretty tired.

Swim: 0
Bike: 11hrs
Run: 4:20hrs

Total: 15hrs

Well down Steve Newman. A 9:45 at IMWA is a quality effort.

fluro

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Fluro- solid week for being so busy!
I got your reply on the cycling / running mix. Yes, it's all about the big picture. At the very least, I need to incorporate some easy spins.

I like the comment in your email: "You can't ever stop riding if you want to be good at it"

I am starting to incorporate some speedwork for the marathon so hopefully the legs hold up!

Have a great and safe trip!

6:20 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home