">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Week ending 11/9/05

A pretty solid week of training. The breakdown was as follows

Zone 1: 10:40
Zone 2: 3:07
Zone 3: 0:32
Zone 4: 0:15
Zone 5a: 0:09

Total training time= 14:30

My BT session for the week was a ride around Jamberoo. I inserted 4-20 TT with the following results. 1= 40.2 av sp (145bpm), 2= 37.5 av sp (143bpm), 3= 34.2 av sp (143bpm), 4= 31.8 av sp (147bpm). The first 2 sets of 20min TT were with a tailwind and the last 2 were into a headwind. Overall I was very happy with my current level of TT strength. Will need to start building up my muscular endurance now that I have found my goal speed, which is 36kph (ie 5hr bike split). I’ll will address this issue by inserting 40min TT efforts into my LSD rides from now on.
The rest of the week was spent building my aerobic endurance by spending most of my time between easy and Aet. I’m still not 100% recovered with my compartment syndrome and will probably spend another week running very easy on a low volume. Had my first pool session this week. I’m holding around 47-49 per 50 as my LSD pace at the moment. This is too bad considering its my first week back in the pool since Forster. With 30wks left to IM Port I’ll start focusing more on my swimming now. My goal by Christmas is to be able to do 15-100 on the 1:30. If I achieve this goal I should be on target again for a sub 55min IM swim.
Next week I will continue to do my core strength work and flexibility training. I’m already seeing some improvements across the board.
Tip of the week
Consistency is the secret of success. It doesn’t matter if you train with a low hr and high volume or vice versa, your greatest gains will come from being the most consistent athlete over time.

fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home