">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Sunday, August 28, 2005

week ending 28/08/05

I think things may finally be on the improve. My first good week of training in a while.

Zone 1: 9:50
Zone 2: 1:58
Zone 3: 0:27
Zone 4: 0:08
Zone 5a: 0:11

Total training time: 12:38

Apart from a 20min run, all my hours were spent on the bike. I did 5 rides with my longest ride being 3:40. My endurance on the bike has really improved lately and I’m especially feeling strong towards the end of the rides. I’ve been purposely trying to train with a low hr and low calorie intake. It has being paying off as I’m not feeling big lows of energy towards the end of my LSD ride like I used to. This tells me now that I’m actually starting to really utilize fat as a fuel source, a good thing for IM racing. It takes time and heaps of patience, but persistence is the key, especially having the urge to test out your fitness and increase your intensity, during a training session.
I recently booked myself into another Physio to get a fourth opinion on my latest running injury. My massage therapist and foot podiatrist have been doing a great job, but I felt I needed someone to look at my biomechanics while running. The guy was awesome. I’ve now discovered that I’m a supinator and not a pronator as once thought. So over the years I’ve been buying the top of the range Ascis shoes which control pronation not supination. No wonder I’ve had every running injury known to man. I guess because I’ve been injured now for the last 8 months with chronic problems that I finally decided to really do something about it. It has costed me a lot of money but I hope it will finally rid me of running injuries so I can run, for the first time, for at least for 6 months without issues. That is my next goal; consistent running injury free. My physio is getting me back on Wednesday to video me running and cycling to really sort out my biomechanics. I’ll keep you posted on how I do.
My next assault on the Mt Keira TT record will be in 1-2 weeks. I’ve only just started doing a very small amount of anaerobic work on the hills to improve my power. This week, I’ll be doing a few repeats up Mt keira with some sort hard efforts and some big gear work. 10 seconds more is all I need.
Tip of the week
If you suffer from injuries, spend the time and money doing your research. In the long run you will increase your longevity in the sport of your choice and also increase the time you need to train consistently to see big performance improvements.

fluro

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dude,

Great time up Mt Keira - no doubt you'll be in 1st spot by end of month!

I climbed it this morning for the first time since knee surgery - I forgot how much that first kilo hurts!!

Have you ever climbed up Mt Kembla?? No times as of yet on cycle2max - was thinking of giving it a go next week...


Dave

12:40 pm  
Blogger Paul Fleuren said...

Cheers Dave,
I have done it a couple of times. Thats one tough climb. I lap splitted once from the Antique shop up to the Bus top at the Y intersection. I haven't registered it yet. If you want some company on your ride give me a call 0415455722

fluro

6:22 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Paul,

I work in the gong every Wednesday, and usually get an early climb in the morning.

I've no fitness at all, so if you keen to watch another human suffer - brutally - your more than welcome :)

I'll call you tuesday next week and T up a time.

I'd want to record a time from the base proper - all the way up to the summit at the lookout. 13km I'm thinking 45minutes may be needed....

chat then

7:56 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home