">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

week ending 21/08/05

My calf injury is still heeling and will need another 2 weeks off running. All my time this week was spent on the bike as a lighter recovery week.

Zone 1: 4:56
Zone 2: 3:22
Zone 3: 1:08
Zone 4: 0:45
Zone 5a: 0:05
Zone 5b: 0:05

total training time 10:25 (recovery week)

Rode well this week. I did two quality 4hr rides, which were quite tough. Was meant to do a third 4hr ride on Saturday but my tire shredded 2hrs into the ride and had to be picked up. Not to worry. I can’t believe how unlucky I have been with my training lately. I still don’t have my bike back yet and I’m left riding with a borrowed road bike. It’s frustrating as I’m keen to start doing my regular dose of TTing but I don’t have any tri-bars to use on the road bike.
The injury in my calf (compartment syndrome) is still bothering me and I’m left with no choice really but to stop running completely for another 2 more weeks.
My stretching routines are coming along well and I started some core strength work this week.
I was thinking about doing Gold Coast half, but now I just focus on Port Macquarie and hopefully get rid of this overuse injury.
Next week I’ll start focusing on increasing the volume of my LSD ride up to around the 5 hr mark, and I’ll increase the intensity of one of my mid week rides to improve my muscular endurance and Top end speed.
Tip of the week

Consistency is the key to success. Back up your weekend LSD ride with a midweek medium to long ride and you’ll experience some big gains on the bike in no time at all.

Cheers
fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home