">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Sunday, August 07, 2005

Week ending 7/08/05

Week ending 7/08/05
Base 3 (week 2/4)
Its been a crap week of training this week. Injuries, broken front folk and a couple of late nights due to drunken neighbours have left me feeling out of sorts.
I managed to do 8.42min of training. Very disappointing considering I was planning on around 16-18 hrs. The breakdown of my week was as follows

• Zone 1: 6:58
• Zone 2: 0:56
• Zone 3: 0:11
• Zone 4: 0:25
• Zone 5a: 0:04

My calf injury is still preventing me from running. I lost about 6 hrs of training there. I managed 3 good rides this week. My LSD ride on Saturday was a good quality 3hr ride. I rode a solid tempo up Mt keira with Scotty H (keep it up Scott. Your riding stronger and stronger every week), and then we reformed with the group and did 5minuts turns off the front at around steady (just below IMpace).
My focus for next week is to basically regroup and get back on track. I seem to have lost my routine somewhat. Partly due to my own fault and things that were also out of my own hands.
For the next few weeks I’ll now focus heavily on improving my cycling. I’ll probably take another full week off running and really up my cycling volume to around 12-15hrs. I might even look at getting back into the pool soon to start getting back my swimming fitness. I don’t know, I’ll see how I feel. I would love to start swimming off North Beach with the wetsuit. I know that there is a small group that does this each weekend. I’ll look into this and see if I can hook up with these guys. If anyone is interested in doing some open water swimming on the weekend let me know. I’m keen to go.
Training tip of the week.
When you’re riding in the pack, to increase you’re effort, try riding a fixed gear until you reach the front. This will teach you to push a bigger gear through some of the some rollers and give you bit of extra strength work.

The Capricorn half is on in two weeks. Goodluck to Scotty D who has been training the house down of late.
Fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home