">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Sunday, May 08, 2005

week ending 8/05/05

This is week 1 of 4 in my preparation period. I completed 4 runs and 3 rides. I focused on keeping my hr down on all the sessions except one. My Sunday session was a 40min (8.8km) Tempo run. After going to the podiatrist I was given the all clear to start upping my volume again and increase my intensity. So, I decided that I will now do 1 run per week as a tempo or interval run. The idea being that I want to build some speed and tolerance in my legs in preparation for my race specific period. If I start now with 1 hard run per week I will have plenty of time to slowly and very gradually build up the intensity into my training plan. If I can get myself back to running sub min k’s again I think it will help me to run more efficiently at my goal IM run pace of 4:40-5:00 min k’s.
Last year the majority of my training was spent at and around Aet (ie 145bpm). This year I plan on spending more time training with a good mixture volume and intensity.
Next week my plan is to run x 5, bike x 4. I will run 1 tempo/interval run of 40-50min and include on hill/strength session on the bike of 1.5-2 hrs. The rest of my sessions will focus on keeping my hr down to develop as much mitochondria as possible.
To check out my training log click on the link triathlog and follow the links. Congratulations to Peter Jacobs and Belinda Granger winning the Busselton ½ IM.

Fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home