">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Sunday, October 22, 2006

week ending 29/10/06



Photo 1
Buns and I enjoying a leisurely ride around the Imperial palace. Not long after this photo was taken we started to cop abuse from some lady in a business suit. Even though she was speaking english we had no idea what she was on about. People around us were laughing at her. It was bizzare














Photo 2
One of many cool little eateries underneath a bridge at Ginza.


Photo 3
This was taken on a ride home from Ginza. Most of the bridges around our place are lit up like this at night. It's pretty cool









Goal this week.
Get close to 20hrs. Increase run frequency to 6 PW. Ride 10hrs. Swim 3 sessions.
Monday
Run: (1hr), 11.5km, av hr 132bpm. 40min easy. 6 x 30sec strides with a 90sec RI. hr drifted up towards 150bpm and then settled down to around 134bpm. Legs feel good.

Tuesday
Run: (1:29hr), 17km, av hr 135bpm. Pushed the pace a little more today. Time to start running around Aet at least on 2 runs PW.
Big PB today. Hit my my previous 1hr TT run turn around 29:30(134bpm) out and 29:20 back (139bpm)Overall 50sec PB(av hr 2bpm lower). legs wer getting tight from about 1:15 onwards. I feel I have pretty good leg durability up to 1:15 now. need to keep extending that out.

Wednesday
Bike: (1:20), 34km, av hr N/A, Averaged 21kph going out and then 39kph coming back. I couldn't believe how windy and wet is was this morning. Got the session done, just!
Swim: (1:15hr), 3.6km. 5-100 drill, 10-50 build, 300 steady, 3-100 (50 drill, 50 free), 300 free, 3-100 (build 25's), 8-100 hypoxic (3,5,7,5,3).swimming is coming long well. Its difficult to get at the pool as its always seems to be closed. Hard to get into a routine.
Bike: (30min), 12km. easy ride to the pool

Thursday
Work got in the way of things today. No training.

Friday
Run: (1hr), 11.5km, av hr 124bpm. Wow these low av hrs are really blowing me away. My pace still feels okay too. Not a great run. A liitle tight in the legs and the form felt a little sloppy today.
Bike: (1hr), 27.1km, av hr 121bpm. My First fluid trainer sessions, solid workout. 30min easy, 2min on, 8min off, 4min on 6min off, 6min on 4min off. Rode my efforts as BG cadence around 70.

Saturday
Bike: (2.5hrs), 69km, av sp 27.6kph, av hr 119bpm. easy to aet ride. did a little TT work on the bars. Couldn't ride long today as have to go to work. Will ride long tomorrow

Sunday
HEAD COLD! Yesterday came home from the school festival with a sore throat and blocked sinuses. Didn't risk riding long today. Rest, get well first then hit it again. May go for a light run this afternoon.


Weekly summary.
Pretty busy at work this week. Last week of school seems to do that. Decided to use this as a recovery week so that I can continue to train along the same lines as my training partner back in OZ. We'll put together 1 more 3 week cycle before he starts the 20wk IM program in the leadup to Port. I'll start the program as well, however, I'll stick with the base work right through to February before I start my build up to IM Japan in June.
Running well at the moment. Developing endurance and durability in the legs has enabled me to run consistently around 5hrs PW now. My goal is to get to around 6.5-7hrs for a good 2-3mths without issues and then start building up my cycling volume again.

2 Comments:

Blogger Tammy said...

That bridge shot is gorgeous!

2:53 pm  
Blogger Paul Fleuren said...

Thanks Tammy,

We were riding home from a beautiful dinner in Ginza when we just saw the bridge lit up at night and thought this is definitely a kodack moment worth sharing.

Paul

3:38 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home