">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Monday, September 18, 2006

week ending 17/9/2006

Final hit 10hrs of training in Tokyo. It only took me 4 weeks to do it, but it does feel pretty good. It has been a very hectic month, settling in over here. We have had to find a place to live, buy all our household items and start teaching in a new school. I think last week was our first week where we were actually able to start to find some normality again. The language barrier has been a bit of an issue and what would normal take a day or two to sort out takes around 1-2 weeks over here if you don’t speak the local language.

For this week I managed to do 4 rides and 3 runs. The big ride for the week was Saturday endurance session of 4hrs. It ended up being a hammer fest for the last 10-15k as two riders tried to blow me away. They were sitting on each other wheel while I decided to hang back about 100m and stay as long as I could with them. We were riding at around 36-38kph which was pretty comfortable. They were getting tired and I cranked things up to about 41-43 kph to see if they would go with me. They didn’t and I felt pretty chuffed with myself. My hr was sitting around 170-171bpm and it never gets much higher then that. I was definitely peaking out and could not possibly ride any harder.
I found a great Oly pool to swim in, but it is only open around 3 times PW due to competitions and bookings. So I didn’t get to swim at all this week. The pool opens again on Thursday. I’m looking forward to getting back into the water again.

fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home