">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Monday, June 18, 2007

The Journey has begun



Video
If your looking for motivation then this a the video for you. Just check out the judges reaction when this guy says he is going to sing opera.
P.S Thanks Mike

The journey has begun. It's time to start the ball in motion in preparing for my next IM. I have decided to commit to IM Japan 2008. Due to unfortunate circumstances I had to withdraw from this years event due to Metetarsalgia. I’ve had some extended down time now and will continue to stay off my feet for a few more weeks yet.
This means the first part of the plan is to improve my swimming and slowly resume cycling. Once I can handle the volume on the bike and I’m injury free I’ll then start running again. Step by step.
Magic marker No1: 20k swim week.
That’s the goal. My aim is to regularly swim over 20k a week during this time when I am unable to ride or run. Over the last 6 weeks I’ve managed to build my swimming up to around 4-5 sessions (12-15km PW). It’s now time to increase the distance of each of those sessions. I feel like I’m holding my stroke together pretty well now for an 1hr and my bilateral breathing is coming along very well. It’s time to jump up to the next level. I’ll start increasing some of my swim sessions up to 80 – 90 minutes now.
Once I have consistently put in some 20k weeks of swimming I think I should be right in that highly adaptive phase. I’ll continue to swim this way right up til August and then I hope to resume running again.

Stay tuned

fluro

Tuesday
Bike: (1:20). av hr 122bpm. easy to Aet. This was my first ride back after a10 day break. I got to try out my new shoes and I must say my ride felt pretty good. No pins and needles, burning or numbness like a normally experience.
Swim: (1hr), 3.2km. 20min straight free with periods of mod-hard. 15 min of drill20 x 25m on 1min max effort. Starting to see some sub 15sec times on the clock3 x 200 of free easy to steady. 25m indoor. Imust say I prefer doing my dril lwork in the 25m pool. 50m just seems too long to be able to hold perfect form on my drills and stop myself from going into oxygen debt.
Wednesday
Massage: 1hr. Left peroneal is still very sore to touch but it never hurts when I train???? My third toe is still sore too. There must be alot of scar tissue in and around that area. I thought things would be settling down by now. Both calves are tight and I managed to communicate with the masseuse that I needed some deep tissue work on them. Overall I feel there has been some slight improvements.
Thursday
Swim:(1:20), 4km.
1.2k free
1k buoy
400 free
2-20 free
4-100 negative split. (1:30, 1:28, 1:25, 1:20)
8-50 negative split (started at 42 and wroked down to 33)
Bailed after this as my stroke was falling apart. This was my longest swim to date. Overall happy with the progress
Friday
Bike: (1:02), 27km, av hr 118bpm. easy spin around town. This is my second ride with no foot pain. I hope this is going to continue as I slowly increase my volume
Saturday
Bike (2hrs), av hr 110bpm. very easy hr before swimming and then again after swimming
Swim: (1:15). 100, 150, 200, 250, 300, 350, 400. All B/L with a 10-20sec rest between sets. Drills for the rest of the session.

fluro

2 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Fluro sent you an email re: youtube.

Dude those are some monster swim weeks you have planned!

Also- glad to hear that the bike ride went well..hopefully those orthos / new shoes do the trick and the pain-free riding continues!

5:55 pm  
Blogger Dances with Corgis said...

That youtube was freaking awesome. Thanks for the link. You inspired me to go on an opera quest on youtube and watched a bunch of people singing Nessun Dorma :)

Very nice.

12:58 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home