">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Monday, April 16, 2007

Week ending 15/4/07


Photo
This is the leg that has been causing me all my problems since 2004. It started out with plantar fasciitis, then I developed a lateral Tibial stress syndrome. This then turned into an overuse injury with my peroneal nerve. Finally I now have mortons neuroma and achilles tendinitis. In essence all these injuries are result of me having a short left femur, very high arches, sprayed toes (notice my toes don't even touch the ground) and I'm a supinator. I'm not giving up though as I love to train and I know I have a good IM result in me. My dream of qualifying for Hawaii will one day be realised.

Monday
Total rest day
Tuesday
Bike (1.5hrs), 35km, av hr 109bpm. 15min easy, 5min steady, 15min easy, 5min BG (1min on 1min off)15min easy, 5min single leg drill (1min on, 1 gear harder), 15min easy, 5min high cadence (1min on 1min off).Good workout. I was struggling to get my heart up on the trainer. RPE always feels much higher then what my hr says???
Run (33:15), 7km, av hr 143bpm. did 1 k on then 1k off. Averaged around 4:30's with the on's and 5.00min/k's on the offs. Ran pretty well and the run was too short to really upset the foot.

Wednesday
Total rest day
Thursday
Bike (1:36), 44km, av hr 118bpm. Rode out for 30min and then back. headed to the Imperial Palace and TT'd 1 lap as hard as I could. Time 8:15, av sp 36kph, av hr 157bpm. Had to contend with 3 red lights
Swim: (45min), 2km, 15min straight swim bilateral. then 20-50 on the 1min every 4th hard. aimed for 42-43sec on the steady's and 37-38sec on the hards. Long recovery allowed me to hold pace. finished off with some drill
Weights: (1hr) Whole body workout
Friday
Total rest day
Saturday
Swim: (30min), 1.5km. very busy today. Bailed after 30min there were just too many breastrokers. did mainly drills and hard 25's and 50's.
Weights: (1:15). Upper body. Decided to split sessions up into lower and upper body now.
Sunday
Total rest day



Swim 1:15
Bike 4:06
Run 0:33
Weights2:30
Total 8:30



Summary
My achilles is very sore at the moment. When I first wake up I can't put my heel on the ground. Throughout the day the pain comes and goes. It appears to be getting worse. I decided to stop running altogether until I can sort this out and I'll jut swim and ride over the next 4-6 weeks. If the riding still aggravates my achilles then I'll have to start cutting back there too.


I stopped wearing my new orthotics as this is what was hurting my achilles too much. I put my old ones (made in Australia) back in and already after 1 day things feel better around my heel. Although they do nothing to help my neuroma.


So the next step for me is to get myself back to the orthopedic surgeon and see if he can refer my onto a good foot podiatrist. In the meantime I keep swimming as much as I can and I'll watch to see how much riding I can do. I'll probably cut back on my long ride (down to 3hrs) for a while and I'll keep doing weights. The weights do seem to help stretch and strengthen the achilles which is good.





Fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home