">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Monday, May 14, 2007

Week ending 13/5/07


Photo
My grade 3 class



Monday
Swim: (1:10), 4km, 1k free
1k buoy
10-50 (25 fast, 25 easy)
800drill
200 free
Swimming those 2 x 1k's at the start was good. You can really tune into your stroke and B/L breathing.
Bike: (50min), 20k, easy spin to and from the pool


Tuesday
Run: (26min), 5km, av hr 130bpm. What a disaster. 3 weeks with zero running and my first run lasts for all of 8minutes before the burning started. I'll give it a 1-2 weeks for the orthotics to turn things around. If there is no more improvements I'll be off the the surgeon
Wednesday
Bike: (1:03), 29k, 114bpm. Rode easy (105-115bpm) for the first 45min, then I did 20min of lower steady (130-135bpm) on the way home. Legs are feeling great on the bike
Thursday
Yoga: (1:15). Man I needed this. Lower body was getting very tight, especially through the peroneals
Friday
Bike: (1.5hrs). 40km. Rode out to the foot doc and back.
Saturday
Bike: (3:20), 90km, av hr 120bpm. rode easy to Aet. Did a little steady in the middle of the ride and we finished off with one sprint finish. Hr hit 170bpm
Swim: (1:15), 4km.
1k mixed (free, drill, back)
1x100, 2x50 (breath every 4th stroke, hard)
1x100, 2x50 (breath every 5th stroke, hard)
drill for the rest of the session.
Sunday
Canned bike ride. Was supposed to do a hill session, but the left achilles just isn't ready enough to hit the hills. Went to the baseball Saturday without my orthotics in and woke up Sunday morning with very sore feet.





Swim 2:25
Bike 6:53
Run 0:26
Yoga 2:15


Total 12:00



A mixed recovery period for me this week. Didn't quite get in the number of sessions I wanted as I was busy with work. Still hit 12hrs which was the target.
Had to bail on Sundays ride as my feet were really sore. My foot doc put in two cork inserts and this seems to have relieved the pressure around my metatarsals but it is hurting everywhere else. At the baseball on Saturday night my feet were throbbing. I think I need to purchase bigger shoes as the orthotics and inserts are taking up quite a bit of room.
Next week I'll be back I'm for 18-22hrs again. Mainly swimming and riding. Need to hit a TT soon again on the bike to see how I'm progressing and when I get a chance I'll do another 500m TT in the pool. Once I start swimming sub 7min for 500m I'll increase my TT to 1km. On the bike once I can break 30min for 20k (ie 40kph) I'll increase that TT up to 30km.





fluro

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

damn Fluro..sorry to hear that the foot issues are still major.

You still seem to be getting some very solid hours w/out any running though. - that's a plus.

3:24 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home