">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Week ending 18/3/07









Photos

Just a few more photos from our skiing weekend in habuka



I cut back on training this week and last week to try and give my foot a chance to take to the new orthotics. Hopefully, this will have worked and with a little luck I might be able to get my hours back up into the 18-22hr range.





Monday


No training complete rest day





Tuesday


Run: (41min), 8km, av hr 135bpm. Started out okay then the numbness kicks in at around 15min. By the end of the run my left foot was starting to really go on me. Didn't worry about going any further.





Wednesday


Bike: (1:25), 42.5km, av hr 134bpm. Straight into a solid ride this morning. First 30min were up to Aet. Then I did a 1 x16min TT mod-hard, 10min easy, Loop of the palace (8min) mod-hard. Rode pretty well this morning. Almost managed to break through the 30kph av in Tokyo which is very hard with all the lights. Foot held out til about the 1hr mark and then the numbness started.


Run: (54min), 10.5km, av hr 136bpm. Fartlek run. Feel good run up to HIMpace Include strides. Strides went well. Foot was okay today. Only numbness and not too much pain. Don't know why this would be.





Thursday


Yoga: (1:15). Bit distracted tonight. Wanted to be everywhere else except at yoga.





Friday


Bike: (1:56), 51km, av hr 117bpm. My first ever ride in the snow. It wasn't much but it was still pretty cool. Fingers were absolutely freezing. Didn't effect my riding as the roads were still okay.





Saturday


Total rest day. had to run student lead conferences at school today. too busy and a very long day.





Sunday


Bike: (4:20), 115km, av hr 128bpm (max hr 173bpm). Very windy this morning. Meet up with some westerners today. Top blokes on awesome bikes (2 x cervelo P2C). We did 5 laps of the warf. The first 3 were cruisy then I TT'd the last 2 to try and catch the peleton up the rode. Foot was okay only numbness this morning.





Total 10:30


Swim: 0


Bike: 7:39


Run: 1:35


Yoga: 1:15





Summary.


It's frustrating doing only 1/2 my normal week but I guess this is what I need to do in order to become healthy again.


two weeks of down time seems to have helped my foot slightly. I'm only getting numbness at the moment and not that hot burning blow torch feeling under my foot. I'll try and up my hours again next week to around 18 and see how my foot holds up.

1 Comments:

Blogger Dave Ciaverella, Odyssey Coaching said...

Hey man
It's tough but stay positive. Orthotics typically help.
I did 8 hour 40 min week 6 weeks out from Kona in 2005 because of nagging injury, then a 13 hour week after..mostly swimming.
Still broke 10 at Kona. It takes nearly 20 days of complete rest for you to lose significant gains in your cardiovascular. The muscular endurance comes back very quickly, in just a few intense workouts.

dd

3:47 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home