">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

week ending 18/2/07 (18 weeks to IMjapan)






















Habuka



Went skiing last weekend. This is one of the reason why I love being an expat. We get to enjoy weekends away in exciting new locations. The skiing was awesome. On the first day the sun was out all day and condition were pristine. Then it snow all night until about 10.00am the next day. Conditions again were ideal and the views were spectacular.





Week ending 18/2/07


Monday




Tuesday
Bike: (1:25), 37km, av hr 112bpm. easy to Aet ride. The new look Keo pedals feel great. Definitely no rocking happening like my old ones.

Wednesay

Bike: (45min), 20k, av hr 110bpm. Very easy spinf around town. Top of feet a little sore with the needles in them at the moment.
Run: (45min), 8.5km, av hr 128bpm. easy. Achilles was a little tight, but it did feel better.



Thursday
Bike: (1:32), 40km, av hr 118bpm. Very easy spin. Foot felt good, but achilles was a little sore when I stood up on the pedals.
Run: (55min), 10.5km, av hr 130bpm. Cortisone injection seemed to work okay. Didn't feel any pain. Achilles is still twitchy though. Will need to work on this one now.



Friday
Total rest day. Full on day at work

Saturday
Skiing weekend



Sunday
Skiing weekend



Summary
  • Swim 0
  • Bike 3:42
  • Run 1:40
  • Ski 9:30
  • Total 14:52



A total cross training week this week. Not happy that my achilles is playing up now and decided to back off from cycling and running to really let it settle down. The skiing weekend went well and my achilles was pretty good on Sunday.


Next week. I will try and resume to some normal training, although I think my hours will be down a little with my achilles still feleing tender. I really need to try and get this 100% before I consider jumping into 18-22hr weeks again.




The photo below shows where I had my two cortisone shots and those fours patches you can see contain little needles which are supposed to encourage an immune response to my foot. I wore these for a week and were a little annoying at times.












Fluro

1 Comments:

Blogger Mike said...

Nice pics Fluro but I prefer the warm sunny beach shots bro!
I've had about enough of winter already!;-)
Hope the training is going well!

4:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home