">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Monday, June 12, 2006

week ending 11/06/06

Week ending 11/06/06

A good week of training this week. I managed to put together 4 runs without issues. I’m very happy to be back running again. My riding is coming along and the consistency of the last 2 weeks is showing through. I find there is something about doing 4 sessions in each discipline. Whenever, I hit a week where I have either run x4 or biked x4 there is a big kick in fitness, regardless of intensity or volume. I’m starting to believe now that frequency is a key component of improving your overall fitness. Even though I’m only running up to 45min I find that I’m getting some excellent gains just by running often. There is also a reduced risk of injury because I not breaking down as much by doing long sessions. Those long sessions are important and will come into play once I’m consistently riding and running at least 5-6 sessions PW each for a good 6-8 months. The volume will take care of itself and training often allows me to recovery well, because, as I said early I’m not breaking down by training too long for now.
Over the next few months I will endeavour to build my long run up to 1.5 hrs and my long bike up to 4-4.5 hrs. Between now and August I will aim to train with as much frequency as I can handle. The volume will obviously be there and hopefully I can comfortably training between 15-20 hrs PW without breaking down.

Monday
Bike 14k (30min). easy spin

Tuesday
Bike: 67k (2:20) av hr 133bpm. rode easy up to Stanwell then we did a 20k TT from bridge to bridge all into a strong headwind.
Run 7k (42min) av hr 135bpm. very easy recovery run today. focused hard on keeping hr below 135bpm. need to improve efficiency at those lower intensities

Wednesday
Swim 2k (60min). We did drill for the whole hour today. Worked on body position and hand placement in the water at the start of the catch.
Weights: 40min upper body.

Thursday
Bike: 30min easy spin
Run: 45min (8.5k) av hr 127! Bpm now that’s low. ran at a very easy pace. focused on holding good form for the whole time. Time to learn how to run slow and efficient, in order to get faster at IMpace. This will now be my bread and butter pace HR for a while to try and improve my efficiency at lower intensities.

Friday
Bike: 2:15 (62k) av hr 127bpm. very easy ride to Sandon point then lake Illawarra. Low av hr which is good
Saturday
Bike: 3:20 (101k). av hr 131bpm. good steady ride this morning. steady on the hills and IMpace on the flats (ie 145bpm). Phil cranked it up right at the end, managed to hold on then pull a turn at about 45-47kph. Hr was peaking out at about 177bpm. Enjoying my riding a lot at the moment.. Not being so obsessed with how far we ride is making riding fun.

Sunday
Run: 1:03 (12km) av hr 133bpm. My first run over an hr! No issues with the leg. I'm stoked at the moment to be back running. Keeping the hr right down is the key at the moment. I'm running slow but at least I'm running.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home