">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

week ending 5th May 06



Photo
Diggies cafe. This is my morning treat if I'm not working, or I have just finished a ride.

It feels good to be back training. The only concern I’m having at the moment is that my HR is still elevated by around 10-15bpm. No big deal really only that I need to make sure that all my efforts are easy to Aet for now until that HR comes right back down to where it should be.

Swim: 4 (3:15)
Bike: 2 (5:50)
Run: injured
Weights: 2 (1:45)

Total: 10:50

Monday
Bike: 48.4km (2hrs). av hr 137bpm.
Rode up Mt Keira then down MT kembla. Tried in vain to keep the hr in check but failed. High hr indicates I'm still recovering. RPE is good, just need to get that hr back down. Time up MT Keira was 21:29 (av hr 163)

Tuesday
Swim 3k (1hr)
My first swim back and we had to finish of with a 30min aerobic paced TT. I was okay until about the 1500m mark and then my arms and shoulders really started to tighten up. Overall I was pleased with the time and now I have something to work on. 30min TT (1km= 15.30, 1.5k= 23.10, total distance covered 1.92km)

Wednesday
Swim 2km (45min)
All drill today. Coach says that I'm not rotating inwards my right shoulder enough during the recovery phase which is causing me to drop my elbow too much. got something to work on and also the bilateral breathing.

Thursday
Swim 2.5km (60min)
A full hr of just drill work. Worked on hip drive and body rotation. felt good towards the end of the session, was grabbing good water. Struggling trying to hold bilateral breathing at the moment, but will stick with it as I’m convinced it will really improve my aerobic fitness (ie capillarisation and Mitochondria development)

Friday
Bike 14km (30min)
Very easy spin

Saturday

Bike: 90.8km (3:20)
Struggled this morning. Doing weights does really affect your riding. I was told this would happen for a while. Hope it gets better next time. It affected me the most on the hills. Had a lot of trouble trying to push out the watts. HR is starting to show some normal readings again which is good.




Sunday
Rest

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey fluro,

put a new time up for Mt Keira lookout :)

when your recovered - try giving it a crack :)

best time so far is 24.01
http://www.cycle2max.com/c2m/climbs.nsf/Vtrial/C6C87ADAF1C8058BE925712B0005131D?OpenDocument

9:34 pm  
Blogger Paul Fleuren said...

G'day Dave,

Thanks for that. I've been looking for a new goal over winter. Would like to try and better 18min up Keira. If I can make it to the big rock (in under 10min) on the left handside of the road at the start of the flat section (approx 1/2way) I'll have a shot

I'll have a go at your new climb this week some time. Whats your email address, I'll post you the HR/power file afterwards

Let the challenge begin ;-)

Paul

7:03 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fluro

deca-at-turbo124.com

I'm sure you'll take at least a minute or two out of my time.

The lookout road is just diabolical in steepness...

Let us know how you go!

D

8:08 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home