">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Saturday, February 04, 2006

9 week to Port (for Bill)

Recovery period this week. Have decided that the fatigue lately has caught up with me and Scott. Will knock back the training hours from Monday to Friday by about 30%, and then we’ll resume normal training again on Saturday with a long ride. Haven’t had a deep tissue massage in about 5 weeks now so I’ll book in for one this week sometime.

Monday
Swim 4.2km 1:20. 3x300 (free, 50 drill 50 free, 50 off 50free) 8-50 on 55,50,45,60 x 2. main set 200 on 3min 2x50 band on 1min x 5. 4-150 polo swim middle 50. 100 free, 4-100 free/back. Breakthrough session tonight. I was coming in on 2:43-2:47 on my 200's. I'm almost back to my best swimming. Just need to start swimming on 40sec/50 pace and I'll be on target for a sub 55min IM swim. When I swam a 54 in 1998, I was generally holding around 1:20's per 100. I'm probably sitting on around 1:22-24 at the moment.
Stretch. Did a full body stretch before squad for 20mins
Tuesday
Swim 2km 35mins. swam easy 10min, steady 10min, easy 15min. Right shoulder was a bit sore this morning. Looking forward to having a massage this week
Run 9km 42min. (no hr, RPE). Just ran on RPE. legs felt good. Still can hold a good pace in the hills which was surprising. Haven't run hills in months.
Wednesday
Run 22km 1:45 (RPE). Didn't use hr monitor today. was sitting on 5min k's for the first 40min then I did 1km on 1k off the rest of the way. Was holding around 4:30-4:40 on and doing my recoveries on 5min k's. Felt good running no issues with the legs. I would say I'm now 99% injury free.
Thursday
Bike 41km 1:30 (RPE). Easy ride north this morning. Freshening up the big ride on Saturday. Body feels good at the moment. Morning weight 78.5kg. Body composition is good, flexibility is good, core strength is poor.
Massage. Boy I was hammered today. Deep tissue massage, was much overdo and Michelle new. Very tight quads and gluts and there was no holding back. There may have even been a slight tear in the eye. Hobbled out afterwards.
Friday
Run 12km 1hr (RPE). did 6 x 30 sec strides 90 sec RI and then I ran 6 hill repeats at a steady pace. Legs was okay. Strides are feeling easier. I used to be stumbling all over the pace. Starting to hold form better now
Core strength work. Did 30mins of stretching and core strength work. Felt good afterwards.
Saturday.
Bike 160km 5:10 (RPE). Av sp 30.5kph. Had a deep tissue massage on Thursday and I was feeling pretty flat on the bike this morning. Legs were filling up with lactic acid quicker then normal. Still a good ride overall. Did some paceline with Scott on the way out into a roaring Southerly( approx 50min). Legs were gone on the way home and sat on Scotts wheel most of the way back. He is riding stronger then ever. Didn't use hr monitor today rode on RPE. Nutrition was pretty good. 1 gatorade bottle per hr and 1 water bottle per hr. I also put away a powerbar which are hard to digest while riding.
Sunday
swim 3.5km 56min. North beach. straight swim with Scott. Perfect morning to be swimming in the ocean.
Run: 8.2km 42min (RPE). Legs and body are holing up well. feels good to be running up over 5hr PW again. A few more weeks of this should se some good aerobic gains come through. Goal is to consistently run 80km PW.

fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home