">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

6 weeks to Port

A good week of training last week. Had an excellent TT on saturday and a very solid run on Thursday. This week I've decided to drop the volume down a little more as the BT sessions now include quite a bit intensity. Recovery between BT sessions will be the most important factor in getting through the next 3 weeks of training before the taper.
Over the last 2 weeks I've included 2 x 2hr long runs. This week I'll reduce my long run to 1.5 hrs, before I do 2 final long runs between 2-2.5hrs. I've also done 2 x 180-200k rides and this week my long ride will be reduced to 150k. After that I'll do 1 more long ride of around 180k.
My BT sessions for the week will be

1. Ocean swim 4km
2. Long Brick 150/20
3. Long run 19km.
4. Med ride 60km (include 2 x triples 6's).

I expect my total volume for the week to be around the 15hr mark. However, if I feeling tired i will drop any aerobic maintenance sessions to make sure I'm feel fresh for the BT sessions listed above. At the moment I feel okay physical, however mentally I think I'm breaking down a little. Will need to watch this very closely this week.
Monday
total rest day
Tuesday
Run 19km 1.5hrs (RPE). Knocked back run to 1.5 hrs today. feeling mentally fatigued at the moment. Ended up running really well. Hit a runners high for about 45min where I was floating along sitting on 4;30's. Only 2 long runs to go. Both will be 30ker's
Bike 15km 30min. very easy spin to help with recovery
Wednesday
Swim 4km 1hr. Epic morning to be out in the ocean. Swam hard for the first 500m, then dropped back to Impace for the rest of the way. Shoulders were tightening up towards the end.
Bike 15km 30min. Easy spinning
Thursday
Bike 59km 2Hrs (122bpm). main set was 6/6/6min (standing/BG/TT) x 2, then a 20min TT at IMpace. felt good this morning, although hr was a little lower then usual. On the 6min standing the key is to keep it in your 53/19 and don't stop pedalling at all. This really teaches you to become efficient cyclist. It hammers your legs but over time your efficiency improves and you start to cope with it. BG is the biggest gear on your bike and you don't change gears, no matter what. TT is at Impace of HIMpace.
Run 10km 44:39 (152bpm). ran 1k off and 1k on, splits were 4:43, 4:14, 4:48, 4:16, 4:39, 4:04, 4:39, 4:09, 4:50, 4:07. Ran really well tonight. It is such a joy to train fresh. Splits were better then expected although Hr did climb into the high 160's towards the end. It was hot out there but wasn't expecting such a high hr (ie LT -5bpm). My left foot was really burning. Will need to contact oesto to try and sort this out. Don't think I could of run much further.
Friday
Total rest day. Lower body stretch.
Saturday
Bike: 150km 5hrs (av hr 131bpm). did 2x20min TT (av hr 158bpm). This is my LT which then puts my Impace at 135bpm. Need to focus on that hr. Rode up to Garrie. Hit the hills pretty hard and kept it easy to steady on the flats. Legs were full of Lactate for a good 90 min after the TT's then things began to settle down again. It was good to ride this way and see how the body processes the lactic acid. It was also good to see what happens on the hills when you ride too hard at the start. Picked up on the few key markers today. Quality session.
Run: 12km 1hr (av hr 146bpm). I felt good running. RPE was good and hr was good. I was comfortably holding sub 5min k's until I got that burning feeling in my left foot again. Back to my original injury. It's definitely Metatarsglia. Will need to go back to Foot Podiatrist to see if I can get something done with my orthotics. Theytend to make me supinate too much which then stresses out my peroneals. It's soo frustrating at the moment. I hope I can get on top of this one in time for Port and actually do an IM without an injury, just once.
Sunday
Swim: 500m 10min. Stung by a bluebottle around the shoulder and arm. Bailed out after that.

fluro

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home