">

Fluro's Ironman Training (FIT)

Face your fears live your dreams

Sunday, April 17, 2005

Triathlon goals for 2006

Today is my first post on this Blog. I'm doing this to share with you my attempt at trying to qualify for the Hawaii Ironman 2006. I'll be training up the Ironman Australia 2006.
At the momment I'm recovering from IMOZ05. Didn't have a good race there becuase Im suffering from metatarsglia, which really affected my run. I discovered I had it after competing in the sri chinmoy long course race 4weeks before forster. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get on top of the injury before the race.
At the the moment I'm in transition phase (4 weeks). I have two more weeks to go before I start my preparation for the Gold Coast 1/2 in October.
My goals over winter are to
  1. (Goal IM run time 3:30)Increase my run frequency to 5-6pw. I'll do this only when I have fully recovered from my foot injury
  2. (Goal IM bike time 5:05)Maintain bike volume of 10-15 hours pw. The goal here is to work on my strength over winter. I'll be riding in the hills as much as possible during this time
  3. (goal IM swim time 55min)Maintain swmimming through winter. Weather permitting I hope to be able to swim at least twice a week in order to improve my technique.
  4. (Overall goal 9.30) I think in order to qualify for Hawaii I'll need to go at least 9.30. At the moment my quickest IM to date is 10:06 (57/5.11/3.58)

At the moment running is my biggest limiter and I have yet to have a good IM run result. A lot of this comes down to poor bike pacing and lack of endurance. Through winter my main focus will be on running conisistently. Inbetween running I will then focus on improving my bike endurance.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home